GLASS WORKS AUCTION - CONDITIONS OF SALE
THIS IS A TIMED CLOSING AUCTION WITH NO CALLBACKS!
1. This is a Minimum Bid Absentee Auction. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER TO BID. To do this, click on the REGISTER button, fill in the form and email it back to Glass Works Auctions by clicking on SUBMIT BIDDER REGISTRATION. After we receive your registration we will email you your Bidder Identification Number. You must select your own Password by filling in the appropriate box on the registration form.
NO ITEMS WILL BE MAILED BEFORE FULL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED
2. Returns: Glass Works Auctions makes every effort to accurately describe all items offered in its sales, however all items in this auction are sold “as is.” It is the bidder's responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. All items will be available for preview two weeks prior to the auctions closing date.
ATTENTION BIDDERS: The terms 'about perfect' or 'near perfect' indicates that some very minor imperfections exists that has no affect on the value of the item.
3. Bidding: You can submit your bids after receiving this catalog. Or, you may call at any time during the designated bidding times to check on your bids or find out what the current high bids are on any item. At that time you may raise your bid if you choose to do so. Bidding through our on-line bid site can be done 24 hours a day after the site has opened for bidding.
Submit your bids by mail.
Print an absentee Bid Form and mail to:
Glass Works Auction
PO Box 180, East Greenville, PA 18041
Submit your bids by phone: (215) 679-5849
Phone ONLY during The Following Bidding Times
Discovery Auction #148
February 22nd through February 28th, 2021 from 9AM to 6PM
(Closed Saturday and Sunday)
Part 1: March 1st, 2021 from 9AM to 10PM E.S.T. (closing day)
Part 2: March 2nd, 2021 from 9AM to 10PM E.S.T. (closing day)
Submit your bids by FAX.
Print an absentee Bid Form and FAX to: (215) 679-3930
Submit your bids by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email bids must contain all contact information including Name, Address and Telephone numbers
Submit your bids using our on-line auction:
FAX, email and on-line auction bidding is available 24 hours a day.
The following is a sample of how our on line absentee bidding system works. After you sign in you can view any of the lots in the auction. Suppose you decide you want to bid on Lot 5. When viewing lot 5 you will see at the bottom of the page the following. If no bids have been entered on lot 5, the minimum bid that will be accepted is $50.00. If you enter $50.00 and submit that bid, a notice will tell you that you are the current high bidder at $50.00. If you submit a bid higher than $50.00, say $80.00, that bid will also be accepted but you will still by the high bidder at $50.00, the $80.00 bid becomes your ‘left bid’ to be bid competitively by our computer bidding system. If a prior bid of $50.00 has been entered on lot 18, you can bid the next Minimum Acceptable Bid which would be $60.00, if no $60.00 or higher left bid had been previously entered you will be notified that you are the current high bidder at $60.00. If the person’s higher left bid is $60.00 you will receive a red message telling that you have tied the high and that the bid is now $60.00. This is not your bid as you have only tied the previous left bid of $60.00. However, if a higher left bid exists you will be notified that you have been outbid and that the current high bid is now $70.00. Let’s say that another bidders left bid on lot 5 is $90.00. If you elect to now bid $80.00 you will be again notified that you have been outbid by a left bid of $90.00 and that the new Minimum Acceptable Bid has been raised to $100.00. If you now decide to bid $120.00 you will be notified that you are now the current high bidder at $100.00, one bid above the left bid of $90.00. Your $120.00 bid now becomes your left bid. If that auction was to close without any additional bidding you would win lot 18 for $100.00, not the $120.00 that you were prepared to bid to.
AT NO TIME WILL WE DIVULGE THE AMOUNT OF THE BIDS WE HAVE RECEIVED THAT ARE HIGHER THAN THE CURRENT POSTED HIGH BID.
The following are the minimum raises that we will be accepting. Mail, FAX and email ‘Between Bids’ ($86.00; $104.00); will be recorded at the closest lower minimum bid level ($80.00; $100.00.) Between bids submitted through mail, phone, FAX, email or our Internet bidding site will automatically be lower to the closest lower level.
$10.00 to $250.00-------------------------$10.00 minimum raise
$275.00 to $500.00---------------------- $25.00 minimum raise
$550.00 to $1,000.00 --------------------$50.00 minimum raise
$1,100.00 to $2,500.00 -----------------$100.00 minimum raise
$2,750.00 to $5,000.00-----------------$250.00 minimum raise
$5,500.00 to $10,000.00 --------------- $500.00 minimum raise
$10,000.00 and higher --------------- $1,000.00 minimum raise
4. Closing the Auction: THIS IS A TIMED CLOSING AUCTION! No lot will close while there is still bidding activity on it. If any lot in the auction receives a bid in the last 10 minutes before the 10pm closing time, an additional 10 minutes will be added on to the bidding time for that lot at the time the bid is entered. If this same lot receives another bid 5 minutes later, an additional 10 minutes will automatically be added to the bidding time. If no bid is received on the lot for 10 minutes, at the end of that time the lot will automatically close and the highest bidder will be the winner. No phone bids will be accepted during the timed closing part of the auction.
All written, phone, FAX, and email bids must be in our hands by 10 pm on the closing days specified.
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST DAY OR TWO TO PLACE YOUR BIDS.
5. Terms: Prompt and full payment is required upon receipt of our invoice. Anyone failing to pay for items won will forfeit all rights to bid in any future Glass Works Auction sales.
6. Taxes: Pennsylvania residents are required to pay 6% sales tax unless you have a valid resale number registered with us.
7. Shipping: Shipping and packaging charges will be added to your bill unless the lots are picked up in person. With the exception of larger items we ship U.S. Mail, 1st Class/Priority and insured. Larger items will be shipped by freight with shipping and packing charges billed C.O.D.
8. Exhibition: All lots will be on display at our gallery in Pennsburg, PA by appointment only. (No one will be allowed on the premises during the last day of sale).
9. Buyers Fee: There is an 20% buyers fee for this auction, reduced to 17% if paying by cash, check or money order.
10. Payment: Glass Works Auctions accepts CASH, MONEY ORDERS or PERSONAL CHECKS as payment for items purchased. If paying by credit card we accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover, we also accept payment through PayPal (Pay Pal payment account - email@example.com). An additional 3% will be added to your total for any credit card or PayPal payment.
11. Reserves: Certain lots in this auction may be subject to a reasonable reserve agreed upon between the consignor and Glass Works Auctions. The reserve is confidential and will be executed by a representative of Glass Works Auctions.
12. Bids: This is a minimum bid auction. Bids below the printed minimum will not be accepted.
- The dash is used in our descriptions to separate the front from the reverse sides of the bottle.
/ The slash is used to indicate that the bottles embossing is on different lines or surfaces on the bottle.
" Quotation marks are used to indicate lettering embossed on the bottle.
Glass Works Auctions is now accepting consignments of quality Bottles, Flasks, Blown Glass, Stoneware and Advertising for our Fall and Winter 2019 Auction schedule.
For more information about our upcoming sales, please contact:
GLASS WORKS AUCTIONS,
P.O. Box 180, East Greenville, PA 18041
PH: (215) 679-5849 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All correspondence will be kept strictly confidential.